Tom Murad, Ph.D.
Tom Murad, Ph.D.
Head of Siemens Engineering & Technology Academy
Dr. Tom Murad (Ph.D., P.Eng.) is the Head of the Siemens Canada Engineering and Technology Academy, established in October 2014. Tom has more than 35 years of professional engineering and technical operations executive management including more than 10 years of academic and R&D work in industrial controls and automation. Previous to his current role, Tom was Head of the Expert House and Engineering Director for Siemens Canada’s industry sector since 2010.
Prior to joining Siemens, Tom was the Senior VP and COO of AZZ- Blenkhorn & Sawle. He previously held various VP and director positions with numerous international organizations and contributed to many global industrial projects.
Tom earned a Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical & Electronics), and a Doctorate (Ph.D.) in Power Electronics and Industrial Controls from the Loughborough University of Technology in the UK. He also received a Leadership Program Certificate from Schulich Business School, York University in Ontario, Canada.
Dr. Tom Murad is:
- A member of PEO Order of Honour in Engineering
- A Fellow of Engineers Canada (F.E.C.)
- A licensed (P.Eng.) member of The Professional Engineering Ontario (PEO); APEGA in Alberta, and NAPEG in the North WesternTerritories; and a Senior Member of IEEE
- A member of Board of Directors – IEEE Canada
- Chair of Executive committee – IEEE Toronto Section
- A member of board of directors – Canadian-German Centre for Innovation and Research
- A member of the PEO Licensing Engineering Experience Review (ERC) Committee since 2002
- Chair of OSPE’s Hamilton-Halton Engineering Week Committee
- Serving on various advisory boards in the industry and the academia