Futurist, Trends and Innovation Expert
Jim Carroll is the world’s leading global futurist, trends and innovation expert, with a massive global blue chip client list. Over the last 20 years, more than 2 million people have shared his insight with his events on stage.
His global client list gives him a front row seat to the high velocity change that is occurring as disruption comes to take hold of every industry and every organization. With that insight, and the customized research that he undertakes for every engagement, he helps to transform growth-oriented organizations into high-velocity innovation heroes!
Consider his track record:
- NASA has had him in — twice — to help shape their thought process about the future, including issues around ‘the disruption of the space industry,’ ‘leadership transformation’ and the acceleration of science and innovation.
- After a presentation by Jim, the Walt Disney Corporation made the comment, “Jim’s storytelling approach really helps to get his points across!”
- When the PGA – Professional Golfers Association of America – chose an external speaker to open their 94th Annual General Meeting, they went with Jim Carroll. They’d never hired an external speaker before in their history. They then rebooked him to keynote the 2016 PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando — one of the world’s largest sporting trade association events. He was on stage after Lee Trevino and followed by Bubba Watson!
- Jim’s insight is sought internationally. He was one of two speakers to address 50 senior CxO level executives in St. Andrews, Scotland, at an invitation-only event; he was the opening keynote speaker at the World Pharma Innovation Congress in London; and spoke for a small, intimate gathering of large, global group of investment executives that manage some of the world’s largest family wealth foundations (“family offices”) at an event in Athens, Greece, including the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation; and the WorldSkills Global Competition in Sao Paolo, Brazil.
- Jim has shared the stage at events with President George W. Bush, the late Carrie Fisher (“Princess Leia” of Star Wars), Terry Bradshaw of the NFL, Biz Stone (founder of Twitter), Jimmy Wales of Wikipedia, Astronaut Scott Kelly (last pilot of the Space Shuttle), Buzz Aldrin of Apollo 11, Newt Gingrich, Jack Welch of GE, Roger Goodell (the Commissioner of the NFL), Lee Trevino and Bubba Watson of golf, among others.
- Jim assists in organizations in dealing with the future, trends and innovation through three distinct types of events: as the opening or closing keynote speaker for the annual meetings/conferences of national or international associations; keynotes or workshops for private corporate leadership events, ranging from small groups of 15 to several hundred executives, often sponsored by the CEO, for a vast range of global Fortune 1000 companies; keynotes or panel discussions on customer oriented meetings or promotional events.
- Jim’s client list is a veritable who’s who of global leaders — including the PGA of America; Godiva Chocolates; Whirlpool; the Wall Street Journal; DuPont; NASA; Sandia National Laboratories; Noble Energy; The GAP; Lockheed Martin; the Accenture Worldwide Energy & Utilities Conference; Fairmont/Raffles Hotels International; RGA Reinsurance; National Australian Bank; Stryker Technologies; CIGNA; Pfizer; Diners Club; HJ Heinz; PPG; Johnson & Johnson; NASA Goddard Space Center; Pella Doors & Windows; Blue Cross Blue Shield ; General Dynamics / Northrop Grumman; Bombardier; Signature Travel; Microsoft; the US National Recreation and Parks Association; Yum! Brands; Burger King; US Department of Defense – Commissary Agency; Rockwell Collins; Oracle; the International Association of Conference Centres; Pearson Learning; US Air Force Research Laboratory; McKesson; Siemens; US Navy, Marine, Air Force Child Youth Programs; Nestle….all of these organizations have engaged Jim Carroll for a keynote or leadership meeting which focused on future trends, innovation and growth!
- Jim is globally recognized for his unique wisdom and insight into trends. BusinessWeek on Jim: “a leading source for innovation insight;” CNBC guest expert on innovation; insights also covered by ABC News, INC, Fast Company, the South China Morning Post (Hong Kong), STOrai Magazine (Retail Association of India), The Age (Sydney, Australia), American Way, CAPITAL Magazine (Dubai/United Arab Emirates) CEO Magazine Hungary, Association LEADERSHIP, the National Post and PROFIT.
- Jim is also an author, with books including The Future Belongs To Those Who Are Fast; Ready, Set, Done: How to Innovate When Faster is the New Fast; and What I Learned From Frogs in Texas: Saving Your Skin with Forward Thinking Innovation.
Learn more about Jim at jimcarroll.com.