In this panel discussion, participants explore the current collaborative approach to apprenticeships, involving manufacturers, workforce educators and government.
The panel will discuss how companies and associations are engaging their local municipalities and government to build a pipeline and leverage apprenticeships, external funding, and other external partners to address their workforce requirements.
Some key points that will be addressed are:
• How skills development is tied to the economic development of a country/province or state
• Examples of successful partnerships programs between educational institutions and employers
• Training to create a workforce that better adapts to technological change
• Having a hands-on approach to their workforce planning and recognizing the importance of learning and adapting new skills
• The overall role and importance of educational institution, government and industry and how they can work together for success
Participants will be sharing ideas, best practices and case studies about incorporating into your workforce development programs.